1. Great! You just told me you are available…what do I need to do to secure my date?

A 25% non-refundable retainer is required to hold your date. The remaining 75% is due two weeks prior your session or wedding. I will email a contract for you to sign. As soon as both are received by me you are all set!

2. What methods of payment do you accept?

I accept Visa, MasterCard, American Express, cash or check (payable to Karin Belgrave Photography, LLC). Credit card payments are processed securely, directly from your invoice. Invoices also include my address if you prefer to mail a check.

3. Do you have insurance?

Yes, I carry both liability and equipment insurance policies. I am happy to provide a certificate if your venue requires one.

4. How soon will I see my photos?

Portrait sessions are fully edited and complete within three weeks. Full wedding sets are fully edited and complete within eight weeks. Delivery times do vary depending on my workload – please know I always do my best to turn projects around as quickly as possible. I will often post a “sneak peek” on social media within a few days of your shoot (so be sure to find me and follow!) I will also prepare a blog post of selected favorites, which often posts before your full set is delivered.

5. I don’t want to have to send my USB to my entire family! Is there an easy way for friends and family to order prints?

Yes! I will post your entire set on my viewing and ordering site where everyone can do just that – view your gallery and order prints. This is one of my most popular features, especially for newlyweds.

6. Are you willing to travel?

Absolutely. With enough notice I will travel anywhere. Travel fees do apply outside of a 50 mile radius from my home, but that, too is simple – based on actual costs. Just shoot me an email or give me a call to discuss the details.

7. Do you just shoot digital, or can you shoot film too?

I almost exclusively shoot digital, but I am happy to shoot some film if I think film images will complement your set.

8.  What gear do you use, and do you have backup gear?

I use Nikon and Leica professional camera bodies and lenses, and I have ample backup equipment in case something fails (or falls!)

9. Will I receive all of the images you take?

I always deliver the best images and leave out only the duplicates, blinks, etc. Everything you receive will be edited and worthy of sharing.

10. We want to make sure you are well fed! Where and when do you prefer to eat during a wedding?

Thanks! If at all possible, it is best if my assistant and I dine with the guests. Nobody likes to be photographed while eating, so the timing is perfect – and this way we will be right there when something interesting happens!

11. Our friends and family are our personal paparazzi, and we are afraid they will be annoying on our wedding day…

It is great you have so many fans! But, this is your wedding day and you want them to be present and enjoying the moment – not looking down at their LCD screens or holding their iPad in the air. I get it. It makes my job infinitely easier (and your images prettier, in many cases) if they are politely asked to leave their cameras behind, or at least refrain from photographing during the ceremony and formal photos. They can go crazy and Instagram to their heart’s delight during the reception. This kind of “unplugged” wedding (or ceremony) is gaining popularity, as you can imagine – so you may not be the first ones to ask them to abide by this rule. Plus, you can email them the link to your viewing and ordering gallery online when the images are done!

12. I love your style, but I saw some stuff on Pinterest I’d like you to replicate…

The details, emotions and moments you love in my images are there because I’m totally focused on my job – not looking at a shot list or figuring out how to make my images look like the ones you pinned. So, send me your Pinterest boards – as I’d love to learn a bit more about your inspiration and style, but know that the images from your day will be very much our own.